Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery (Vaginal Tightening)
Repeated childbirths cause dilatation of muscles of vagina leading to widening of the vagina. Sexual pleasure is seriously affected by loss of normal tone and elasticity of vagina and pelvic muscles. Vaginal tightening usually combined with vulva rejuvenation to enhance aesthetic look of genitals is one of the fast-growing segment in plastic surgery. More and more women are coming to avail the plastic surgery facilities to enhance the genital aesthetics and sexual function as a part of ‘mommy makeover’. We have appreciated the comment by a husband – ‘she is the same wife but a new girl’ after these procedures.
- To tighten the vagina to enhance sexual pleasure (making the vagina like pre-marital status)
- In addition to tightening, symptoms related to urination/defecation may also get relieved as cystocele and rectocele are corrected
Lax muscles and supporting tissue layers are meticulously dissected out and repositioned in their normal position. Vectors of muscles are restored gaining a good vaginal and perineal tone. Improved voluntary tone and muscle strength lead to an improved self-esteem.
During this procedure, overall rejuvenation can be achieved by combining any of the other genital cosmetic surgery procedures like
- Vulva rejuvenation
- Mons lift / lipoinjection
- Labia minora reduction surgery/labioplasty
- Hymenoplasty / hymen repair/revirgination
- Correction of cystocele/rectocele
Duration and Recovery of Vaginal Tightening
Vaginoplasty usually takes 2-3 hours to complete, It is done in the local Anesthesia. But many times patient choose General Anesthesia for this procedure. Usual Recovery or Healing time is 4 weeks but physical contact is restricted to 8 weeks.